Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

UNT vs RAR Flight 1, #Id 03, Gr B Race 4
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Hi Jean Luc,

as i said i will speak to you about Race 4 Replay time 3:20 and going on.

For me, even if we had no contact, you broke RRS 11 by definition, for my understanding.

Attach file:

jpg  unt_protest_4.jpg (59.87 KB)
149_5af4a892ec7b8.jpg 976X548 px

Posted on: 2018/5/10 22:15
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Re: UNT vs RAR Flight 1, #Id 03, Gr B Race 4
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
re-Bonsoir Alex,

OK I understand now what is your protest.

When 2 boats are so close that if one changes course, that is resulting in an immediate contact then one of them has broken R11. That is not the case in the replay where at every time, FIX could change course without immediate nor delayed contact. In my opinion, JIEL has succeed to keep clear.

Posted on: 2018/5/10 22:37
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Well i agree that you rolled me, which was just possible because you never respond on my luff, you just tried to run over me. And it is not the point if you could make it it, its about if you kept clear, wich you failed in my opinion.

SO i still think you broke RRS 11 here

>>> VIDEO <<<

Posted on: 2018/5/11 7:55

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
I know that you know the definition but let me recall here the definition of Keep Clear. After I will connect it with with our case.
"Keep Clear
A boat keeps clear of a right-of-way boat
(a) if the right-of-way boat can sail her course with no need to take avoiding action and,
(b) when the boats are overlapped, if the right-of-way boat can also change course in both directions without immediately making contact."
Please read the TR CALL A2 witch is similar to what we sailed. In you video :
t=30s, I dont respond to your luff because I am able to keep clear even if you go at close-hailed.
t=34s, You are close-hailed and at this moment there would be no immediate contact if you changed course in any direction. So I still keep clear.
t=35s, To continue to keep clear I now must bear down which is the best way to do it.

To end : I must respond to a luff only to keep clear. While I am keeping clear, I may not respond to a luff. I showed above that even when you luffed at close-hauled, I was still keeping clear (from the RRS definition).

Jean-Luc

Posted on: 2018/5/11 12:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.