Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Maps
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Are there any maps yet for this tournament?

Sandy

Posted on: 2018/3/31 21:14
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Re: Maps
Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
Hallo Sandy,

first of all, best wishes to you and your family for a peaceful Easter.

No map to download was delivered to me.

I will ask the technical staff who is in charge of editing the maps; as you know, I personally might be able to do it, but I should know the general characteristics of the courses they want to achieve.

I will keep you informed.

Posted on: 2018/4/1 13:54
... in vino veritas ...
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
Confirmed : maps are already edited and under test, in maximum a week we should be able to put them in download.

Also S.I. shortly should be available.

Posted on: 2018/4/2 15:19
... in vino veritas ...

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
OK great!

Posted on: 2018/4/4 16:05

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Hello All,
Would be possible to know how the maps will be choosen ?
Would be possible to know how the SI will be decided ?
If there is a committee who decides all, why not but may we know who is in the committee ?
If there are discussions inside the committee, is it possible to read the discussions ?

I am gratefull to Lupi, SG, Franco and everybody who works at this great event we waited for since years but I would appreciate some collective decision about the maps and especially about the SI.
So I suggest :
1/ that every team could eventually participate in the maps choice;
2/ and that the SI would be published in the forum to have the agreement of the majority of the teams.

Am I too idealist ?
Sincerely,
JieL

Posted on: 2018/4/11 23:32

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
Hi Jiel,

Quote:
Would be possible to know how the maps will be choosen ?

If you mean the choice of maps during the tournament, of course, it is regulated in S.I. ; but if you mean the type of map or path, it is the technical staff who chose maps.

Quote:
Would be possible to know how the SI will be decided ?

S.I. are already done ( Moro2009 for TeamLeague 2012 ) We are reviewing it to adapt to this short edition. By the end of the week, both Italian and English versions will be published.

Quote:
If there is a committee who decides all, why not but may we know who is in the committee ?

"ALL" is a big word ... RC is under the control of Drao and Lupin (me) and deals with web tools; Sailgood is responsible in forming the protest committee that will have jurisdiction over everything happening in race.

Quote:
If there are discussions inside the committee, is it possible to read the discussions ?

About the RC job, I think you would get bored for sure .... about the PC, I think you will only read the posts of protests, defences and response. In the past we tried to involve a member per team and I assure you that for me it was double work ... then we tried to simplify things but there is always "someone" who does not agree with "someone else" ... Meanwhile, let's have fun and see if TeamRacing can have a future! If the answer will be positive, it will be my job, as my practice, to involve as many friends as possible in next editions.

Quote:
So I suggest : 1/ that every team could eventually participate in the maps choice; 2/ and that the SI would be published in the forum to have the agreement of the majority of the teams. Am I too idealist ?

"idealist" ? LOLLLLL ... and how would you define a person who from 2000 insists on organizing events hoping that everyone can have fun and stay friends ???
Anyway : about maps , personally I am of the idea that the more choices there are, the more variables (and therefore fun) there may be! Try to contact Sailgood to understand if it will be possible to insert other maps edited by the participants.
About the S.I. suggestions and improvements have always been welcome. Always keep in mind the short time we have available for the organization (we started to talk about it a few weeks ago) and the most important target of this event (the fun).

Q. & A. Forum was made to make this job ...

Pino ( Skyppyno - Lupin )

Posted on: 2018/4/12 1:44
... in vino veritas ...

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Ok lets get fun !

Posted on: 2018/4/12 23:41

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
5 minutes, the start does not make sense
this is not a match flight.
a penalty does not accumulate.
the penalty must be immediately worked out.

3 minutes, enough for prestart.
to forbid to give a penalty 03:00-02:00 min.

there will be permission to use the spinnakers at the prestart ?

Posted on: 2018/4/16 8:29

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
About prestart time, I think Sailgood could open a thread where all registered skipper can post. This is not only a technical problem, but a problem of enjoyment too.

About sails in prestart , I seem to remember also with RC44 ONLY sail1 , sail2 and sail3 were allowed ... In my opinion sail4 shouldn't be used here; anyway I will check our previous S.I.

Posted on: 2018/4/16 14:36
... in vino veritas ...

Allievo
Allievo

See User information
Hi Shuraz,

Quote:

ShurazRUS wrote:
5 minutes, the start does not make sense
this is not a match flight.
a penalty does not accumulate.
the penalty must be immediately worked out.

3 minutes, enough for prestart.
to forbid to give a penalty 03:00-02:00 min.

5 min. of prestart or 3 min. is same for me.
I open a topic for vote.

Quote:
there will be permission to use the spinnakers at the prestart ?

Yes, you can use spinnaker in prestart.

Posted on: 2018/4/16 16:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.