Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Flight 2 - Race4 - Fix vs Tiki - RRS 15 - Lupi vs RAR
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Hello Lupi's and Tiki, i would like to start a mediation about our Incident in Race 4

Protest / Mediation: mediation

1. Your registered Boat Name: Fix oder Nix

2. Event, Date, Group, Race #, Time (in Replay): Flight 2 - Race4 - Fix vs Tiki - Lupi vs RAR - 10:45 min

3. Rule(s) applicable:
13, 15 & 16.1
4. Skippers involved: Fix RAR and Tiki Lupi

5. Print Screen attached ? (required for a valid PROTEST) : Yes, when we going to protest

6. Description: At 10.30 min "replay time" Fix oder Nix after mark rounding back on close hault sailing on port, ducking Tiki which cross from starboard.

Short after i am ducking him he tacked on top of me. I tacked immediately back which would have been possible when Tiki not have had changed course and failed therefor to give me room to keep clear. For my understanding he broke RRS 15 or / and RRS 16.1 here.

Accepted penalty : no

Solved penalty : yes

Mediation carried out : still going on

Mediation result : still going on

Request to Committees : FixRAR ask for Tik Lup DSQ

7. Replay send to PC ? >>> REPLAY <<<

>>> VIDEO <<<

Posted on: 2018/5/5 13:20

Edited by FixoderNix on 2018/5/5 13:37:30
Edited by FixoderNix on 2018/5/5 13:38:27
Edited by FixoderNix on 2018/5/5 13:46:40
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Re: Flight 2 - Race4 - Fix vs Tiki - RRS 15 - Lupi vs RAR
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Hi Alex

I have two problems with this case - I am sorry.
The reason we asked to sail you on dates not including a weekend is that Tiki is away for the weekend so I am unsure if he can respond.

The rules say that mediation must be opened within 2 hours and this was not the case here, so I dont think this mediation is valid. (Times were 01:23 and 12:20).

Sandy

Quote:
The thread of mediation must be opened as soon as possible after transmitting the result of the race
(see rule SI 7) but not more than two hours after.

Posted on: 2018/5/5 13:45
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Ok, noticed it now :)

Posted on: 2018/5/5 13:58

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
For the future, I think it might be an idea that the deadline for mediation should relate to the time of the match rather than the time that the results get submitted, which can be controlled by one team. Mostly the races are sailed in an evening and we are all exhausted, so maybe mediation by some time the following day would be better and then delay the protest deadline to 2 days, rather than the one day, as we have now.

Sandy

Posted on: 2018/5/5 14:10

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.