Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

id#13, mediation P10, UNT / Lupidimare
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
The incident happened from t = 3'25''.
IMO rule 10 was indeed broken because :

1/ TIK was protected by 18.2(b) and entitled to mark-room;
2/ COL gave that mark-room. In consequence and from 18.2(d), the rule 18.2(b) ceased to apply.
3/ TIK gybed when COL was starboard and sailing her proper course to the next mark.

Lupidimare, I would like to have your opinion. Maybe we could resail this last race ?
Anyway, Well Sailed all !
CU soon,
Jean-Luc

Posted on: 2018/5/8 0:03
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Re: id#13, mediation P10, UNT / Lupidimare
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Hi Jean-Luc

Firstly I too want to say 'well sailed' to UNT who were good company and fair skippers.
Then I need to say that although your offer to resail the race is appreciated, I prefer that we settle the matter by a decision about this incident and dont resail.

I am sorry but I dont have the same point of view of the penalty.

The Request by Tiki for cancel was at 2:06 on the race clock. Colibri typed 'p tik' at 2:50, which is 44 seconds after the request and in my opinion does not fulfil the SI which says in 9.1 '(c) A boat that intend to protest shall inform the other boat as soon as possible by writing 'P' in simulation chat'

After rounding the mark, Tiki gybes onto port. He has room to do this clear of Colibri if Colibri maintains the course he is on. But Colibri bears down and gives Tiki no opportunity to keep clear. By bearing down in this way, in my view he breaks rule 16.1.

So my opinion is that the pen cancel request was correct and that Colibri broke 16.1.

If you dont agree with this view, I will understand completely and will be content to go to the jury and let them decide.

For ease of review, I put a video from my replay on YouTube here .. YouTube Video
Sandy

Attach file:

jpg  TvC2_Request.jpg (74.09 KB)
665_5af0d23badb02.jpg 892X669 px

jpg  TvC3_Prot.jpg (101.42 KB)
665_5af0d24d14874.jpg 892X669 px

Posted on: 2018/5/8 0:25
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
re-Hi Sandy,
No need to go to the PC because we withdraw the protest. Like you, I think COL broke 16.1 and I realized that after my message was sent in this forum.
I however disagree with the delay argue because what are 44 seconds when sailing and thinking about the incident. I dont love the method to chat "P" immediatly (immediatly is not asap) to be sure the protest will be valid. But all that is a detail in our affair. Althought numerous penalties you won and deserved the victory : Very Well Done !
Jean-Luc

Posted on: 2018/5/8 0:40

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Thank you Jean-Luc and I accept your point about the timing of the P, as it can take some time to discuss the issue in the team. Tiki's request was not very immediate also, for the same reason.

Thanks again for good company and I will be the first to say we made many mistakes and were very lucky, especially in the final leg of the last race, where a wind shift made the difference.

Best wishes for your next match
Sandy

Posted on: 2018/5/8 0:47

Allievo
Allievo

See User information
Wd guys, it was an easy and clear interpretation of the rules.

The level is growing if you do not get to protest trivial penalties.

Wd again all.

P.S. always sorry for my english :)
Sailgood

Posted on: 2018/5/8 14:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.