Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Flight 2 #8. cam-lup protest Fix-Rar
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
At 8 minutes in replay, Fix-RAR is to leeward of cam-lup. Both in downwind leg under spinnaker.
Fix-RAR luffs until cam-lup is at 96TWA and will broach unless spinnaker is let out.
Neither boat changes to genoa.

I think the relevant Call is G2 in the Match Race call book.

Quote:
MR CALL G2
Rule 16.1 Changing Course
Definitions Room
Question 1
Blue is sailing to leeward of Yellow. Both boats have spinnakers set. Blue luffs
Yellow. What are the obligations on Blue and Yellow?
Answer 1
Yellow is required to keep clear and Blue is required to give Yellow room to
respond to her luff. While Yellow is able to keep the majority of her spinnaker
filled and drawing she is not entitled to additional room to drop her spinnaker.
If Blue continues her luff so that Yellow, in order to keep clear, has to luff
beyond the point where she can keep her spinnaker filled and drawing, then Blue
must give Yellow room to drop her spinnaker.
Whether or not Yellow drops her spinnaker at that time, she is still required to
keep clear. If she does not drop her spinnaker at that time, then Blue is not
required to give her additional room to drop the spinnaker later in that luff.

I think I was pushed to the point of being unable to have my spinnaker drawing without being given room to drop it because Fix-RAR continued to luff when that point had been reached.

Sandy

Posted on: 2018/5/4 23:17
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Re: Flight 2 #8. cam-lup protest Fix-Rar
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Hello Sandy, i watched the replay, and i would like to know at wich moment you feel i brought you to broach ?

On my Replay i see only that you open the sheets, but not a broach by it self, and i let you time and room to set up your staysail.

Video from the Incident

Posted on: 2018/5/5 1:26
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Hi Alex

I dont brpach because I loose the sails. At 96 TWA Iwill broach unless I do this and there is no time to wait for sail change.

Posted on: 2018/5/5 8:45

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Well Sandy, i understand what you are mean, but i don't see it in this case. Sorry.

To explain my point of view:
The MR call you take into account, is to recover broach / damage for real racing boats.

i do not see any aggressive luv, and therefor it is VSK and not a real boat, you where able to drop your spinnaker.

But this is a major direction protest, so it is interesting for the hole tournament how the outcome will be. I am fine if we go ahead and let the jury decide.

Posted on: 2018/5/5 9:32

Edited by FixoderNix on 2018/5/5 9:51:48

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
For me it is also not clear where the boundary of this MR Call is and I will be also interested to test it in the jury.
So I'll post it and we'll see.

Posted on: 2018/5/5 11:25

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Well I went to post the protest but I see that my screenshot only shows 'P' and not 'P Fix'. Maybe I did not put 'P Fix' or maybe I did not take screenshot at the correct time, but anyway I cannot make a valid protest.

Sorry Alex!
I'll wait for the next luff like this to test this rule.

Sandy

Posted on: 2018/5/5 11:32

Allievo
Allievo

See User information
Hi guys,

Fix said good. This case is important because in team race It often happens.
If you want send me the replay and i said opinion of the PC.

Sailgood

Posted on: 2018/5/5 12:30

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Sorry for you Sandy, but i will not care if the protest would be formal correct, so if the Jury would take this Case into the proof, i am fine, even if you wrote only P, i felt you means me with that hail, so i have heard it! Therefor go ahead if the Jury would except with No disadvantages for you if it is not formal correct.

I witness you hailed P to me. And even after the race you told me you w'll protest for the luffing >< breaching scenario !

Cheers, Alex

>>> VIDEO <<<

Posted on: 2018/5/5 12:34

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Thanks Alex for your kindness but I know a protest has to be according to the rules to be valid, so it's better I dont annoy the committee.

Posted on: 2018/5/5 13:38

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Ok Sandy !

But i will request then the Jury for just their Opinion as Sailgood gave as opportunity to our advance.

Posted on: 2018/5/5 14:03

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.