Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Round Robin Meetings - number of races
Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Thanks for the work on the SI which are very complete!
These kind of posts always risk to show that I am an idiot or blind but ...

How many races are in a Round Robin meeting? I see in SI that knockout meetings have five. I dont see the Round Robin number, except it is said that the 1st three races in a meeting are different wind strengths.

It's three?

Sandy

Posted on: 2018/4/13 17:19
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Re: Round Robin Meetings - number of races
Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
Maybe I done a bad correction ... I will check ! Anyway, in Round Robin each match will count five (5) races and in KO matches there will be seven (7) races.

Posted on: 2018/4/13 19:14
... in vino veritas ...
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
S.I. Rule 1.1.a

Quote:
In Round Robin series meetings are made of five races. (b) Entered teams are shared in TWO groups by a draw (A, B).

S.I. Rule 5.2 ( incipit )

Quote:
In Knock-Out series each meeting will consist of a best-of-seven series.

So I can confirm what I wrote. Really also in Rule 1.1.a could be better to write "best-of-five series" ...

Also better : in Round Robin series a team win a match when reach 3 races won ; in K.O. series a team win a match when reach 4 races won.

We will be more precise in next edition ...

Posted on: 2018/4/13 19:44
... in vino veritas ...

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
OK! thanks

I'm just a blind idiot - I knew it!

:)

Posted on: 2018/4/14 0:17

Matricola
Matricola

See User information
Hi Everyone,
The event is named "Fast". Dont you think 3 races could be enough for the round robin meetings ? And after, 5 races for the semi-finals and maybe why not 7 the final ?
Best regards,
JieL

Posted on: 2018/4/20 10:12

Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
In this edition I would agree .... it is a new experience the 2 vs 2 TR for me ... and a test for the future

I have already told Davide about my perplexity ... especially for the short time available before the summer. However decide how you think the best: it is an "experience in progress"

Posted on: 2018/4/20 15:42
... in vino veritas ...

Allievo
Allievo

See User information
Hi all guys,

sorry for the absence, but I have been engaged in regattas.
For the number of races to do, I evaluated that it was better to do more because this way we can train more in official regattas, and get more prepared for the event that will be done after the summer.

Ciao
Davide
(Sailgood)

Posted on: 2018/4/23 11:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.